Saturday, December 29, 2012

Cottonwood and Prescott

On December 26th I met Rich and Nanette in Sedona and we scanned to the fields off Bates and UVX Roads just over the bridge in Cottonwood. We found 2 Cackling Geese in a group of about 30 Canada Geese. This was a life bird for me; or at least counted as such. I may have seen many of these before the split.

We then drove to Dewey where we spent 2 hours searching in vain for White-tailed Kite. I had missed the bird when it first arrived because of my travels in October, but a recent posting had given me hope. This is one of 3 species that I've seen many times but I am unsure if I've seen them in Arizona.

We ended the day at Watson and Willow Lakes in Prescott seeing many waterfowl including 2 Tundra Swans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment