Saturday, November 12, 2016

Frances Short Pond

On the morning that I left for San Jose, Wednesday November 9th, I had a text from Tom telling me about a Thick-billed Kingbird at the Frances Short Pond. I only had time for a 10 minute stay en route to the airport. I monitored reports over the weekend and returned to the pond 3:30-4:00 on Monday and 11:00-11:30 on Tuesday without luck. Then on Wednesday morning, November 16th Zack reported that the bird was still there.

I stopped at the pond after work without my binoculars and ran into Brian who had the bird. I had time to go home get my things and returned to watch the bird for 20 minutes.

Thick-billed Kingbird
This was another county bird for me; a species that I had only seen previously around Patagonia in the summertime.

No comments:

Post a Comment