Saturday, May 26, 2012

Rare bird in Flagstaff and the NAMC

While I was down South I had seen a posting of a rare bird in Flagstaff. Fortunately this bird stayed around and I managed to get this bird on the afternoon of my return. I stopped at Rio Salado on my way back, but it was hot and quiet. After getting my son from school I went out to Chuck's place to see the Common Grackle. Rich and Nanette joined me and unlike our fruitless search for the Black-capped Chickadee in cold Fredonia in January, we had the bird in just a few minutes. [The bird was in the same location over a week later!]

The next day, Saturday May 12th was the day of the NAMC and I did my usual route of the I-40 corridor. Both La Posada and McHood Park in Winslow were quiet but I saw many species around the Golf Course in Holbrook.

On Sunday 13th I had a birdingpal visitor from Perth, Australia and spent 3 hours with him at Elden Spring and the Walnut Canyon lakes.

Collared Lizard
Wilson's Phalarope

No comments:

Post a Comment