Saturday, October 15, 2016

Meteor Crater RV Park and Babbitt Tank

Chuck found a Wood Thrush at the Meteor Crater RV Park on Thursday October 13th and I rushed out there after my classes finished on Friday 14th. I had some good but short views of the bird but failed to get a photo. This bird was my 400th species in Arizona.

Hermit Thrush
Red-naped Sapsucker
 
I went back out on Saturday morning stopping first at Babbitt Tank where I had hoped to see Chestnut-collared Longspurs but instead found Tom and Anne. They had been looking for a Bobolink, seen a few days earlier; I joined them but we had no luck finding the bird. We then moved on to the RV Park but there was no sign of the Wood Thrush - nor the Hermit Thrushes that had been with it the day before. I did find a Red-naped Sapsucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment