Sunday, December 31, 2017

Oak Crek Canyon and Sedona

On Monday December 4th I decided to head down to the Sedona Wetlands Preserve to look for the American Bittern that had been found on Thanksgiving. I stopped at Cave Springs on the way down and after a little searching managed to find the American Dipper, and then headed to the wetlands. When I arrived Sam and Vic were already there with a scope on the bird and the bird was the most cooperative bittern I have ever seen even going for a walk in the open along the edge of the canvas!

American Bittern


I then headed to the Stupa hoping to add my two nemesis 'easy' birds, Juniper Titmouse and Canyon Towhee. I was in luck as the feeders were well stocked and I had the titmouse almost immediately, and eventually found the towhee, with Spotted Towhees and White-crowned Sparrows under one of the feeders.

No comments:

Post a Comment