Monday, August 15, 2016

RSPB Rainham Marshes and Sevenoaks

On Tuesday July 26th my brother took me out as I sought three more species to take me to 450 for the year and six species to reach 100 in the UK for 2016.

Our first stop was the RSPB Rainham Marshes reserve and we soon had Common Shelduck and Reed Bunting for my UK list, and after much work added Sedge Warbler for the year. This would have been easier earlier in the summer but singing had stopped and we heard just one Reed Warbler on the visit - a big change from the cacophony of the reed beds by the Black Sea. On our short walk along the sea (Thames) wall we flushed another elusive year bird - Meadow Pipit and found a Dunlin along the shoreline.

Linnet

This left just one bird to make both numbers and we went to the reserve in Sevenoaks for the 'guaranteed' Egyptian Goose.

Egyptian Goose
Common Pochard
Tufted Duck

No comments:

Post a Comment