Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Last few days in Brisbane

On Sunday June 23rd we mostly stayed home but Marion took us to Roger's place in the afternoon. I added three lifers in a short trip there - Rose Robin, White-eared Monarch and Noisy Pitta. I had considered the latter to be my jinx bird and it was the top bird on my wishlist.  

On Monday June 24th we visited the Mt. Coot-tha Botanical Gardens and walked into the city along the river from Toowong. We did not see much of note ant the botanical gardens but had Australasian Darter, Sacred Kingfisher and Caspian Tern along the river.

On Tuesday we did Sherwood Arboretum in the morning and then took the City-Cat into the city. Late in the day Marion took us to a coupe of spots hoping fro Glossy Black Cockatoo and Australian Owlet-Nightjar. We dipped on both. But we had our mammal highlight of the trip when a squirrel-like animal flew across the road! A Squirrel Glider.

Blue-faced Honeyeater
Striated Pardalote

I ended the trip - part one of the summer - with a total of 142 species in and around Brisbane. Noisy Pitta and Squirrel Glider, seen in the slow days at the end of the trip were my favorites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment